Thursday, August 24, 2006

Yesterday was really a praise day for the three of us. Sierra was sooo helpful! She picked up clothes and put them in the washer, took letters upstairs to be mailed, and gave me hope. She brought out about 10 pieces of construction paper and started telling me what color each of them are. Most kids know their colors earlier, but she has struggled with colors. I didn't prompt her or anything. She just started saying, "Green, blue, red, pink, white, black, orange, purple, etc." How cool! Thank you Lord for the encouragment! Well for me, I have been working at keeping the utility bill at our budget amount-turning off lights, unplugging stuff, etc. They reassess it every 6 months and change it after a year according to more or less. Well I thought for sure it would go up after using the air conditioner sooo much in July & August, but we got the bill yesterday and it stayed the same - woohoo- for a whole more year! For Steve, he has been kicking bootay and taking names in selling garages. Yesterday he had to drive 1 1/2 hrs. north to bid a garage. He sold it the first time out! Most times people want to have them come back another time before they decide. We are still hoping he is the top seller for the month which would be amazing being the new kid on the block. I guess it is just good to set goals for himself. Anyways we all celebrated by going out to Charoal Grill for dinner last night. We need these kind of days once in a while. Thank you Lord for the blessings!

3 comments:

Monica said...

whooohoooo!!!!! Way to go Schuyler fam. I am so proud of all of you.

Sierra, you are such a smart girl. I am so proud of you for working on your colors even without your mommy making you. Hannah and Emily can't wait to come and play with you again.

Jen-I am so proud of your diligence. Praise God that is paid off. Yes our air has been running full strength for months now. I refuse to cut back on that. I waste in so many other areas though..lights on, tvs on (I can hear the one in my bedroom on...Hannah was watching Bob the Builder while I was changing linens...never turned it off ;()

I KNEW Steve would be awesome at his job once they cut him loose. Praise God for leading him to just the right clients and giving him the words to say. God has really given him a talent in that area. I will be praying for the top salesman. What a praise that would be!!!

Unknown said...

What a great post of encouragement & joy, Jen!

Unknown said...

Praise God for such a good day! God is so good. Thanks for the encouragement. This reminds me that God will take care of us too . . . though I have no clue how. It will be fun to watch Him provide for us in unexpected ways!

Way to go Steve-o on the garage selling! He's a natural salesman. I'd buy a garage from him. :)