Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Well I'm pet sitting for this week. I have a bearded dragon and a hermit crab. My sister is on vacation and my dad is watching her dog, 2 cats, turtles and fish, so she thought she'd split up the crew to not overwhelm my dad :). The lizard looks like a foot long iguana whose food (crickets) is chirping in the background as I write. The hermit crab eats dried worms and dried fruit with purified water and the lizard eats crickets, lettuce and grapes. I don't know how my sister does it with all of these guys. I think the lizard is still trying to get comfortable. Half of him is white and half is his normal grey. (white - scared, I think?) We are trying to get Sierra used to having a pet since we found out we can have cats in our condo. She has to save up $100 before she can get one. She is already halfway there! I'm still debating between a kitty and a cat with all of its shots and litter trained. We shall see. The earliest is probably Christmas, so we can hit 2 birds with one stone. We may wait until she can take care of it all by herself, so it doesn't become another duty for mom :).

4 comments:

Monica said...

Smart thinking on both the waiting until Christmas and the part about her taking care of it. Thankfully cats are pretty indepedent.

How fun. A bearded dragon. Do they pet it? Wow, they almost live in a zoo :)

Unknown said...

My vote is for a KITTY! They are so fun and playful! And Matt says if you get it nudered right away it will stay playful like a kittty.

Weird sounding pets. They don't sound too cuddly. :)

Jen said...

The whole point with the bearded dragon is that they are friendly with kids if you get it right away and hold it often. Well Zippo isn't the friendly type so much, but he hasn't nipped at us thankfully.

Liesl said...

Personality Plus!