Thursday, February 28, 2008

I don't know if you've been hearing all the hype surrounding tomorrow, but it has me thinking. One extra day. What should I do with one day that normally every year I don't have? It kind of feels like almost if it was your last day, how would you live it? Kind of a carpe diem - seize the day - of sorts. I heard on the news they suggested going through your unwanted emails and actually hitting unsubscribe instead of just deleting them. Good idea, but not really seizing (not like a seizure:) the day. I kind of want to make a big deal about it with Sierra too. Should we go out of our way to do something nice for someone else, spend time with fam and friends, or just focused one on one time with each other? Any of you guys have any ideas? I want to instill in my little girl life isn't just about getting, but about investing in other people.

3 comments:

Troy & Sherry said...

hey jen-
we ended up going to ikea last weekend- thanks for the offer though - you are sweet :)
i don't know why we don't meet in chicago some weekend though - it would be a blast...love ya

Monica said...

Great thought. I never really thought of it that way. I wish I would have read this before tonight. Now I have wasted it :( Now I have to wait for four more years

Jen said...

Well I had all these high hopes and didn't really accomplish any of them. Today we got a huge bag of toys and stuffed animals Sierra wanted to give away, so off to Goodwill we go!