Saturday, March 17, 2007

Well I'm at the coffee shop today while Sierra and her cousin Brooke are enjoying the St. Patrick's Day festivities. It is so busy here today b/c they put it in the paper. I'm blogging from my laptop for the first time. Great fun to be mobile! Steve is at my parent's house working on his car. On his way to a lead for work, his brakes almost went all the way out. His brake line broke and was draining all the brake fluid. Thankfully we were able to take back roads to my parents and get there safe. He and my dad are going to reinstall new brake lines - what a job! I do not envy him, but I am so grateful that my dad is willing to help to him to help save us money. I've been having significant pain in my chest below my sternum, so I went in this last week. It is confirmed I have a hernia. I meet with the surgeon this Thursday to see where it is and what are next step is. I'm kind of freaking out about having another surgery. I just had one 4 1/2 years ago for Sierra & then 3 months later for my gallbladder. I kind of have a feeling that it will be happening rather soon since last time I went in on a Thursday and had the surgery the following Tuesday. I just hope I get better in time for Paige's wedding April 20. I really want to be able to go. So please pray that I only have the 1 hernia, since there is a great possibility I could have more from the stitching areas from my last surgery. Also pray it is a one time fix, quick healing, no future problems to come from it and my current problems go away. 2 weeks ago it seemed like my body was having a panic attack which the dr. thinks was really a reaction from my hernia. I think it was due to a significant amount of caffeine. Who knows, but I just hope we can fix the problem this time. Last time the dr. thought it would all go away with the gallbladder surgery, but it didn't. I did have stones in my gallbladder, so it wasn't a needless surgery, but I was hoping the pain would go away. I am grateful the dr. also did blood tests and an ekg to see if the pain was related to my heart or liver and thankfully they turned out normal. I would greatly appreciate your prayers!

4 comments:

Monica said...

I am so glad that you went in!!!!! I will certainly be praying for you. I soooo wish I could help you :( Keep me posted!!!!!

Jen said...

I'm so thankful my dr. finally took the time to listen to me about it. I would always bring it up when I went in for other things and he would say let's deal with your sore throat first or whatever else I would come in for. I was so thankful that day that we're finally doing something about it, but now I'm freaking out about having another surgery. I'm going to see if I can just have general anesthetic instead of going completely under. We'll see.

Unknown said...

Oh my, you're having a rough 2007 already! How is your foot doing?

We'll definitely be praying for you too. Let us know what happens on Thursday.

Where is Paige's wedding going to be held? Close-by somewhere?

Jen said...

Al-Paige's wedding is in Louisville, KY not too far away from you I think. Ok maybe it's close to Ohio but the southwest corner. My foot is doing great. I go in next Wed. to hopefully get the boot off. Yeah let's just say I'll meet my deductible this year :(.