Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Well the doc called last night. He said that they didn't see any hernia or anything else wrong. I had them do the scan over my abdomen all the way down my torso just to make sure. I am so grateful that they didn't find anything major wrong. He said it could be a pinched nerve in my chest or inflammation of the breast bone - sounds strange, but ok. He said the next step is to see a pain doctor and get a cortisone shot in my upper abdomen. It is odd, at first I just wanted him to find the hernia and have surgery to get it over with, now I am just praising the Lord I don't need surgery. No hernia which is weird- b/c even the chiropractor thought I had one and would push it in when I would go in to get adjusted. At least it has calmed my fears considerably b/c someone was even mentioning cancer which totally freaked me out. God gave me a passage in Job yesterday which I said, "Please may this not be b/c I need to face more trials yet to come today." The Lord was just teaching me to rest no matter what the outcome. Thank you for your prayers. This morning I go to the foot dr. Hope he says "Your healed" :).

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey, it's great that you don't have a hernia! Praise the Lord!! I just wanted to let you know that my husband has had a lot of pain his whole life in his chest area, and the chiropractor would adjust him and then about an hour later he'd be hurting again. The muscles were pulling his bones out of place b/c they were used to being in a certain spot. Anyway, he went to physical therapy about a year ago. They re-trained his muscles and with the exercises they had him do, he was able to see about 85% recovery. It might be something to ask your dr. about? I'll be praying for you!

Unknown said...

What a process this has been for you! Praise the Lord you don't need surgery. Keep us posted. Hopefully you'll have that boot off and be able to go out walking with Sierra to enjoy the spring weather!