Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Night out on the town Steve took me to one of my favorite restaurants for a date Friday night. We went to Lake Park Bistro. It is on a cliff overlooking Lake Michigan. Steve was given some unexpected money and surprised me with a night out. We sat at the kitchen table which is all by itself right by the chefs. We've come here once before on Valentine's Day 2 years ago. The manager of the rest. for some reason remembered us which was really cool. Later I thought it might be b/c we wore the same outfits 2 years ago :). You get to watch what all the chefs make and your waitress and the manager explain the different dishes as they come up to go out to people. He gave us 2 free appetizers - Lobster Ravioli and Escargo. Yeah we attempted the last one, b/c it is snails. But I made sure the guy didn't tell Steve what it was til after he tried it. They were under a puff pastry which helped, but you could see the little antennae (sp.) coming out of it - ahh! They really only tasted like garlic, but it was a mental/texture thing. Steve ordered chicken with roasted potatoes and I had their awesome hanger steak with shoestring fries. He gave me every sauce they make, so I could try all the different ones - red wine sauce, blue cheese, peppercorn, cream sauce, au jus, and a mushroom cream sauce. I settled with the red wine sauce intermingled with blue cheese. Oh good! We had such a fun time!
Sierra at another coffee shop storytime.
This one was all about a pajama party. The bad thing was we forgot we had to go home and change her before we went anywhere else since she was still in her pj's. :)

5 comments:

Monica said...

That is SO special. Aren't you glad you are married to such a super guy who shares his good fortune as a true partner? It sounds like such a good time :)

Unknown said...

Really sweet pics, Jen -- I love good food! I wanna try your meal! :o)

Unknown said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!!!! Wow, what a treat! You're making me drool on my keyboard here. :) I'm a huge blue cheese fan, I bet it was delicious on that steak. And no one in Ohio seems to make shoestring fries (my gramma calls them haystacks). Must be a Wisconsin thing. Eek, on the snails! I'm usually pretty adventurous but I don't think I could get those antenna down my throat. Did Steve freak when he found out what they were? How was your view of the lake from your table?

That must be some coffee shop! They seem to go all out for their story times.

Esther said...

Sounds like a nice evening out! I've seen the kitchen table thing at a different restaurant and always thought it would be fun to try. I love your comment about the outfits being the same as 2 years ago!

Esther

Leonardi linken said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up
I am big fan of games like super mario visit here NIntendo eshop gift cards code