Thursday, February 01, 2007


We have been trying to get our kids to get their energy out, so my friend Trinity and I have been taking our kids to the malls a couple of times a week. They run and play in the kids' area and sometimes wrestle, which is hilarious to watch. They don't get angry when they wrestle, but I think some of the other moms are kind of wondering why we let them. I think Sierra baffles Alicia with her love for Cinderella and her love of wrestling :) Today we went to the kids play area and then to the train where both kids wanted to be the conductor. In reality, they both just wanted to ring the bell :).
Today is the last "warm"(22 degrees) day before the artic freeze starts coming our way. This next week the highs are in the negative a couple of days. They said it is the coldest it has been in 30 years! I just hope my car starts in this frigid weather!

8 comments:

Cari Mohler said...

Very cute! I love the face she is making!!!

Monica said...

Good idea. Get them to play but indoors. My kids are so stir crazy too. Wow, highs in the negative. I don't think I have had that since I was at NBBC and the water tower froze :)

I've missed you, friend. How are you?

Jen said...

Mol-
They've changed their tunes in the weather department and it will get up to single digits during the day but with wind chills it won't feel like it. Still it's no fun! I'm doing fine. We got a date tonight and mom is taking Sierra to a preschool v-day party tommorrow. It seemed like a very long week, but we are greatful(sp?) Friday finally came.

Unknown said...

I feel famous that you mentioned me in your blog! :) You're right, I am baffled at her very different interests. Who usually wins when they wrestle? Very cool play area by the way. Is that in mayfair? Eek, I'm not envious of your cold weather predicted for next week. Do you have any plans so you don't feel too homebound?

Jen said...

Al-
We try all the malls but Mayfair and Southridge only have a definite play area. The train is at Southridge. In wrestling, they both win. If Ethan aims for her legs than he wins, but if they go for the upper body, Sierra wins.

carissa said...

I love that! I was just talking to my friend Trisha about not having a place to let our kids run around :) UNLESS We wanted to drive a 1/2 hr. to Walmart :) Great pics. Glad you're doing well. Hope your car starts!!

D and S said...

Thanks for putting pics of Trin's kids on your blog! :) I appreciate it! :) Is it warmer yet? It is here!

Jen said...

Selena - Yes we made it up to 8 degrees today - woohoo!