Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm here. I'm just trying to figure out being on the new Blogger, and I'm not doing so very successfully. It took me over 30 min. just to log on, hence no blogging from me recently. Well we have been hit hard with the flu this month. I got it 3 separate times in December. Around New Years almost my entire extended family got it, and now Steve just got done and Sierra is still holding onto it. We ended up taking her to the doctor today since she's had it since Sunday, but the doctor didn't seem too concerned. Thankfully most of us had it for only 24 hours. That is one Christmas present you don't like to get! I'm enjoying looking at everyone's blog about Christmas. Once I figure out how they'll let me comment I'll be doing so. Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. We were truly blessed to have Steve off for 1 1/2 weeks. It makes celebrating so much more enjoyable. Hope you all are feeling well and the stomach virus doesn't visit your house. Did any of you get the flu shot? I'm really considering it, but never have been a big fan before.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't do the flu shot and they ran out of infant doses in our area so Chloe didn't get one either. I've always thought it was better for your immune system to just tough out the Christmas-time flus. It's no fun though!

Beth said...

I hope you all get well soon! I loved looking at your pictures.... I'm pretty bad at blogging too. As primitive as mine is, you'll have to check it out! (It's me... Beth (Whitely) Baxter)

Cari Mohler said...

I hope that you all get over the flu soon! Thats no fun! I got it for only the 24hrs as well, but thank the Lord no one else has gotten it yet...and I pray they don't! I didn't get the flu shot and neither did the kids, but my sister-in-law and her kids all got it?? I was thinking of doing that as well...I always thought it was for elderly only? I guess not.

I hope you all had a great Christmas inspite of the flu...I have missed your posts. I tried the new blogger as well and finally said "FORGET IT!" I didn't like it at all!

Hope your Sierra gets better soon! Poor little thing! It's so hard seeing them sick for so long!

Jen said...

Alicia - I'm of the same persuasion, but I heard of a four year old dying from complications of the flu, so it kind of freaked me out. I think that's why they raised the age that you should get a flu shot to, to 5. Sorry for the grammar(?) issues. I have always rotted in that area and knowing you two are word buffs, (i.e. PHD in English) I think I mess up more :).
Hey Beth! I saw your cute Christmas picture at Trinity's. I told her to say hi to you when you guys talked next, but hey I'll take personal interaction with ya in the blogsphere (sp?) instead :). We'll be praying for you guys in the adoption process - how exciting for you two!
Hi Cari! I just checked out your blog - I love all the pictures of your fam! It is so great to see everyone married with their kids. You guys must have had a wonderful Christmas together! By the way, Sierra is on the mend. No more stomach pains, but still not eating much.

Monica said...

Good to hear from you Jen! I have missed you. I am so sorry you guys got hit so hard with the flu. Miserable. My kids got the flu shot this year. We were already in the office for other immunizations and our insurance pays for it completely so I thought...awww, stick 'em again :) Not sure if it has had any benefits or not.

Troy & Sherry said...

i am sorry you haven't felt well - we have been fortunate and haven't been sick at all - Knock on wood :)
Glad you were able to have some extra time with steve at home....we miss you guys.

Unknown said...

http://tinyurl.com/lh2ws

Hope that link works -- it represents my take on the flu shot! :o)

I hope you guys are able to get better soon -- try eating garlic in your food every day (dinner is easiest, obviously).

Good to see you back, babe!!

Monica said...

ok Danna...that was hilarious!!!!

Jen said...

Where did you find that Danna? Too funny! It still makes me laugh :)