Thursday, July 27, 2006


We are embarking on an adventure today. We'll be taking the ferry across Lake MI today for the first time. Sierra, Steve's mom and I are heading over to MI where we are going to see Steve's grandparents (who live on the western side of the state). Grandma just had knee surgery, so Nancy is going to help her for a week. On Friday night I will be heading to Ed's funeral in Plymouth, MI (suburb of Detroit) while Nancy watches Sierra at home. I've never really taken a trip without Steve before. I hope and pray my little girl turns on some angelic characteristics while we are gone. I am one who tends to stress out over too many things. It is good for us to get out and go somewhere since I'm not tied down with a job. Yowza! Here we go!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun, dear! I can't wait to hear how the ferry ride goes. ;)

Monica said...

I am so proud of you. You are adventurous. So are you staying in MI for a week too then? Please say hi to Kelley for me and give her a big hug!

Liesl said...

Jen, we've been praying for the situation, too. I just go back to being in Mr. Wapplehorst's classroom--it seems like just a little bit ago. Only God can give the grace to face the things that come into our lives and into the lives of others. Have a safe trip.

Troy & Sherry said...

jen- have fun and be careful - we have been and will continue to be praying for kelley and the kids...

S said...

Have fun on your trip with Sierra. I tend to stress about the little things too, and (my)Stephen's good to help keep things in perspective. So thankful for Godly husbands to lead our families!

The Two of Us said...

Jen - greetings! I was excited to find your blog through the NBBC list. Good to see you. Any chance Sarah Bouwens Erb has a site that you know of?

The Two of Us said...

Jen - thanks for the information about Sarah. I was really hoping she had joined the blog world, but I guess not. Have a great day!