Wednesday, July 19, 2006






On Thursday nights we head out to the Boerner Botanical Gardens at Whitnall Park for a free concert. Normally it costs to get into the gardens, so it's nice to be able to see the flowers and hear the concert for free. My parents, my sister's family and my aunt Kay all have come with us. I think we might get Steve's family to come with us this week to the WI Wind orchestra & Classical guitarists. Last time, when we went it was a Caribbean/Reggae Concert. They had a local theater group providing entertainment while the music was going on and juggling and kind of providing a carnival feel. Little kids would go up front and dance in front of the band during the whole concert. Sierra kept trying to drag her cousins up there, but was too scared to go by herself. Finally, the last 1/2 hr. they had warmed up enough to get out there. I took a video of it - hilarious! I wish I could figure out how to post that, but I think the pictures will do some justice - I love Brooke's hopping on one foot, holding on to the other bent leg and jolting it towards her head :). Jordan was moving in a circle while semi-laying on the grass. Sierra was all in her own genre. I love all the free things that are going on in the summer. Other local parks have family movies in the park and free concerts almost every night of the week. Even the festivals downtown normally have some time in the day when you can get in free with cans of food to donate.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great deal! Boerner Botannical is so gorgeous. We used to go to the concerts at cathedral square park but I never attended the Riverflicks movie nights. I always wanted to but never got around to it.

Oh my, those dancers sure look silly. I always feel like I look cool when I'm dancing but that's not what the camera captures!

Monica said...

You are so resouceful!!! I am so impressed with how many free things you have found and are taking advantage of. Looks like great fun. I wish we lived closer so we could go with you.

christina said...

sierra looks like a mini-jen in that top pic....what a beauty queen!
too cute.

pamela s said...

I love those pics. Sierra looks so much like you, Jen. I'm just wondering why you & Steve aren't out there kicking it up! :-)

carissa said...

that looks like soo much fun. I'm content her in the northwoods, until I see all the fun you're having in parks with concerts, bands, carnivals. How fun. I think I'll send my kids up to family camp activities next week..there, now I feel better :) hee hee.

Jen said...

Carissa-
Well we even had too much this last weekend, so we just stuck around home and only ventured out a little to my parents and swimming while having the Indy car race going on as background noise from down the street:).

Pam- Well I didn't want to be called up front to demonstrate in their hula hoop contest :)