Tuesday, December 02, 2008

In the past couple of years I've tried to switch my decor to contemporary colors and styles. Well then comes Christmas... I have way too much stuff - 9 bins of decor that happen to be mostly crafty. I am debating do I put up the snowmen and houses, or do I just give at least the snowmen away? I am trying to minimize since we live in a small place but yet we keep accumulating stuff. Just as I finished switching over summer to winter clothes - the little semblance of order disappears! I have it all on my couch and chairs right now - which my husband wonders if the couch was ever intended for humans to sit on:). So do I put it all up one last time or do I just get rid of some now? Your thoughts are appreciated :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm, that's a hard one! My gut reaction is to say, "Get rid of some now or else you'll never get rid of it!" But that's very difficult to do because if you're like me, each piece of decor has a special memory attached to it. Maybe you could start by deciding which pieces you absolutely love and can't part with it . . . anything else has to go. Hope that's not too ruthless!

Monica said...

Yes, always keep what you love....if you haven't put it up in a couple of years...then let it go.

Now what decor for the holidays are you going with? A color theme....like deep red instead of candy apple red....or like what kind of stuff?

Your living room looked super nice last Friday :)

Courtney Ann said...

hummmmmm......I have a mix of things. Some new, some old, some modern, some not! But keep what is meaningful, loose what is well, the things that you look at an go ahhh yuck now here do I put you...! Good luck friend!