Saturday, December 20, 2008

I cannot believe how much snow we are getting in December. School was cancelled on Friday for a 14" snowfall with thunder snow which meant the whole fam was home together. It was nice being all home with no where to go. I was so excited about it I woke up early to check for closing and then started baking at 6:30 in the morning. Sierra and I made gingerbread men, Christmas mice (Thanks to Barbie for the idea :), and chocolate covered pretzels. When Steve woke up, he and Sierra went to the neighbors with plates full of goodies. It was the perfect day to deliver them b/c we knew everyone would probably be home with the snow. It was fun and helped Sierra learn about giving and see how fun it is to give. Life gets so crazy around Christmas that it is easy to think about me me me instead of others. I loved that her Christmas program practices were doing a charity for the rescue mission-men's scarfs. We bought some fleece and made 12 of them. It was easy but another fun way to give. It is an awesome way to show Christ's love and it doesn't require a lot of effort. Just a little time. Anyways, we are hoping for another snow day on Monday with windchills going to 30 below zero. But before that comes we are getting another 5 inches of snow tonight! Fun times! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Monica said...

You rule. Did you take pics of your adorable neighbor plates? I am so jealous of the snowday. I would love to have to stay home...ok, not so much about the baking at 630 am though! Yikes

Jen said...

Yeah the early mornings come back to haunt me - like tonight I was in bed at 7. Steve repaired the internet problem so I decided I had better get up anyways :)