Saturday, June 02, 2007


I don't know if any of your kids are into the American Girl doll craze but it has hit our family. For the first year we were able to figure out when the sale is and order tickets. We started 4 min. before the alleged start time to order tickets and it was busy solid for 15 min. and then when we got on you had like 2 min. to complete all the info. and order. I think the dolls end up being around 1/2 the normal price in stores but I have a feeling it will be crazy! We thought it would be good to get Sierra one from everyone for her b'day so she doesn't get more stuff that doesn't fit in her room :). A doll could fit and would be nice keepsake for her 5th and golden b'day. My mom and sister and I were going to go, but it looks like my sister can't come b/c of a wedding, so maybe her oldest will come instead. I think this may be a one year and done experience for us. We'll see!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa, sounds like quite the ordeal! I'm confused, is this a sale for a new doll coming out or just a regular sale? Sorry, we know nothing about the american girl world. We're still into kitchens and elmo. :)

Jen said...

It is a benefit sale for the Madison Children's Museum but it is all American girl stuff. They only have 3 stores and the rest is done by catalog. The dolls normally cost around $100 by catalog, so around $50 is a "bargain". But if everyone goes in on it it will be a nice gift.

Unknown said...

Thanks for explaining that to me, Jen. Wow, what a great sale! Fabulous idea to have everyone go in on the gift together.