Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I've had a number of things going on but was waiting to get the pictures up before I posted. Well that could be the next century, so I thought I'd just write about it first.
My wonderful husband planned a 30th birthday party for me. He made it a luau theme where everyone had to wear leis given out by Sierra. It was such a nice time with family, friends and neighbors. We rented out a park with a pavilion and a big playground near my parents' house. Steve made hot dogs, hamburgers and brats and then some family and friends brought the extras. Trinity made a huge bowl of homemade salsa, Steve's mom made a huge bowl of potato salad and their wonderful caramel brownies, Mom made a huge taco salad and helped us decorate, my cousin brought pasta salad & plates, my sister made veggie & fruit platters and made a couple trips to the store, once we started, for last minute items. We got a big cake from Sam's and my aunt made her awesome carrot cake.Steve had been stock piling water and soda for months. There were about 10 12 packs left after the party - give you an idea? We had enough food for probably 100 people! He had a whole box of hamburgers & hot dogs left from Sam's - yikes - they are still in our freezer! We made up water balloons and had the sprinkler running so the kids could get wet. We also had a badminton net set up which the kids and families used too. I was quite impressed with my husband. He did a great job & made me feel very special. Thanks sweetheart!

5 comments:

Monica said...

I am glad it went so well. I wish I could have made it :*(

Love and miss you!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful guy to throw you such a great party! You deserve to feel like a queen on your big birthday. Did you know anything about the party ahead of time or was it a total surprise? Wish I could have been there too! As usual, I had your bday written on my calendar but didn't remember to send a card. :( Happy happy 30th!

christina said...

that's so cute.... sounds like he did it all on his own too, with all those extras. :) you'll be grilling out for a while, huh?

happy birthday! (a little late)

Liesl said...

happy belated birthday! what a husband! glad you got to have some fun with monica over the fourth.
hey, jenny, are you still using that fine singing voice of yours? every once in a while, i hear "Come Celebrate" and think of you and Sarah on those high notes...

Esther said...

Happy 30th!! (I little after-the-fact.) Steve even called and invited us - I wish we could have made it. I'm so glad he made it special for you!!

We have yet to actually get over there to WI - things are still a bit unsettled here. We're planning on seeing you guys when we do get over that way - we'll call and let you know when it is so we can be sure to plan a good chunk of time.