Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Paige & Mark Sherid

Yes it has been 2 months since I posted. I have officially switched my computer over to the laptop completely so I figured out how to hook up my camera too (which is why I didn't post before). About one month ago we went to Paige's wedding in Kentucky.It was so great to see her-- she looked glamorous. It has been so long since we've seen each other. I think the last time was when we were on staff together at Northland. She is a gem. I hope Mark knows what he's got! Well, we stayed for the Thunder over Louisville fireworks which boast being the best fireworks in the country - they were pretty great, I must admit. I enjoyed getting the tail end of the air show that was during the day with the F-16's deafening roar overhead that literally shook your insides :). I borrowed this one from Kelly Glupker's blog - those were excellent pictures!
We even visited Churchill Downs and took a tour - location of the Kentucky Derby. There were beautiful flowers everywhere! Sierra graciously did endless posing while "tiptoeing through the tulips." They actually bury parts of some of the winning horses there. They bury their head, hoof and heart.
It was beautiful. We even ended up watching the race this month since we were just there. We then went to MI and visited Steve's grandparents for a surprise visit. It was so good to see them even if it was only for one night. It was a whirlwind weekend but it was a nice getaway.

6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Jen - I just stumbled on your blog & I was so happy to see the pics of Paige's wedding! Thanks for posting those. I was going to be there but her wedding day was actually the same day I flew out to Hawaii for vacation. Bad timing on my part; I was so sad to miss it. It looks like you guys really enjoyed the weekend! The flowers & Sierra are just beautiful! :-)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful mini-vacation you had! How fun to see Paige get hitched. She looks absolutely gorgeous! You'll have to share the story of how her and her hubby met.

Those flowers are brilliant! I know nothing whatsoever about racing but I do appreciate nicely grown flowers. :)

Btw, how's your health? Is your foot all recovered now?

Jen said...

Al-I think Paige met Mark by working with his sister up at Pillsbury. I think they dating mostly long distance. Foot is better. Other things going on but we'll figure it out hopefully soon. Yeah I've never been into racing before but it is interesting. They sure know how to build a gorgeous track or surroundings of the track :).

Jen said...

Good to hear from you Mary Ann! How great - Hawaii!

Monica said...

loved to see Paige. She did look gorgeous!

Love the pictures of the tulips and Vanna....I mean Sierra :)
Too funny!!!!

I cracked up with the picture of you and Sierra. You two look like "me and mini-me"!!! Adorable. I miss you guys.

Cari Mohler said...

My brother Scott and his wife April were at those very same fireworks! :) Paige's sister just married my cousin too! Her dress is so pretty! I love the simple, classic style like that! It looks like you all had fun! :)