Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wow- has this been a crazy week. I was experiencing chest pain on my left side for a week, along with left shoulder and back pain. Well is started to get worse, so I went to Urgent care on Sunday. He pretty much said it probably isn't my heart it is muscle/bone related. So I went to the chiropractor the next day and he said my upper and middle back were pretty messed up. He told me to come in the next day too. I went in yesterday and he adjusted mostly my neck and middle back. All day yesterday it hurt when I breathe and I was getting significant heartburn from other issues I have too. Today it has calmed down significantly but my shoulders and mid left side of my back still hurt. I've been kind of freaking out since we leave for our trip a week from today. Thankfully the dr. gave me muscle relaxers to help keep my back from going into spasms, but I'm trying not to take any medication. To top it all off, my chiropractor is out for the rest of the week. I don't mean to ask for sympathy or to give a sob story, but in order to update my blog - this is all that's on my mind. My family and friends have helped significantly by taking Sierra for a couple of hours in order to give me some breaks to rest. Thank you! Well hopefully by my next post, I'll be better.

13 comments:

Liesl said...

I'll pray for you, Jenn. Take it easy and rest in Christ!

Jen said...

Thanks! I always have to remember to start trusting and resting in my Sovereign God instead of worrying.

Unknown said...

Aww, I'm sorry to read all this, Jenny! I hope things start to look up for you so that your trip can go smoothly.

Have I ever mentioned how pretty Sierra's name is? It just flows off the teeth/tongue so nicely! Also, when I see her in a picture with Brooke, it is very, very hard to tell who is who. What is up with THAT????

Monica said...

ha ha ha...I have thought they looked a lot alike too :)

Jen, why do you think that you always have to be positive on your blog. We all struggle. You have very real issues right now. You have every right to let us all know about it. We are here for you. How else can we know how to pray for you? Unburden yourself and let us take up your cause both as a listening ear and as interceders in prayer. We love you dearly!!!

Unknown said...

Ouch, Jen! I'll be praying for you as well. God has planned this out for you (as I know you know) and will work everything out for you. That doesn't make it easier to go through though! Wish I could be there to help out too.

Jen said...

Danna, Monica & Al, Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I went in again today to a different chiropractor, so hopefully it will continue to heal up. I have to ice my whole back - very difficult to hold 4 ice packs on your back at once :). Thankfully Steve got me a mongo ice pack - thanks hon! My back has significantly gotten better since the beginning of the week just still in my mid back and upper left shoulder.
More and more people think Brooke and Sierra look alike. Yeah I love the name Sierra too. We named her after the beautiful mtn. range in CA/Nevada the Sierra nevadas. When we went out there every other business was named Sierra too - too funny. Thank you friends - you sure are an encouragement!

Monica said...

I love you Jen!!!! I wish I could help you :(

Cari Mohler said...

I hope you get feeling better!!! I will be praying for you! I hope you are able to take it easy!!

Love,
Cari

Jen said...

Good to hear from you Cari! Thanks guys for your prayers. I sure need them :)

Monica said...

How have you been feeling today? I am praying for you much!

Jen said...

Mol - It is getting better - thank you! Knock on wood, but the last 2 days I haven't had heartburn and hernia pain. I'm going very slow with my back and icing every 2 hours. It seems like overall it is doing better but my size chest seems to be aggravating the situation :). I go in one last time - Monday before our trip. Do you have any ideas for a portable freezer? I need something for my ice packs. The hotel doesn't have mini-fridges in the rooms and a cooler doesn't get cold enough. Have you heard of a plug in freezer/cooler? It would really help make the trip a lot easier. It is in the 90's down there now - yikes!

Monica said...

i have but i don't know how well they work. surely they could keep itin their fridge at the hotel...ask them!

Jen said...

Mol - Leigh was able to fanagle (sp?) a free fridge from them b/c Brooke has to have her medication refridgerated, so I'm hoping it is one with a small freezer compartment.