Tuesday, September 26, 2006


Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear hubby, happy birthday to you. Ok I don't normally call him hubby, but I wanted to wish him a wonderful birthday today. I think he specially ordered the sunshine and warm temperatures today. Steve is 31 and still going strong, despite most people reading this blog and thinking 30 is ancient :). I am so thankful for him and all he does for the booch and me. He truly is a helpmeet in every way, a leader, friend, and wonderful rough-housing daddy for our daughter. He's been very spoiled this year with a trip to the Packers, movie tickets, dvds, tools, candy, casting crowns cd, etc. And we can't forget the stepping stone Sierra made for him out of concrete and jeweled stones. (Very messy, but nice finishing product :) Even tonight my mom is watching Sierra so I can take him out to dinner. We just found out about a Brazilian restaurant that is in the area, so that is one of the options on the docket or maybe The Cheesecake Factory or Texas Roadhouse. Wherever we go, it will be so nice to have a date and celebrate who he is. Happy Birthday sweetheart ! Love, Jen & Sierra

6 comments:

Monica said...

Happy Birthday to you the love of my best treasured friends life! Wow, quite the title huh? I am sorry your bday card is late. I mailed it today >( I am so mad at myself for being so behind in my cards/thank yous. I think I got caught up now though!

I hope you guys have a wonderful date. Isn't it nice that you can get in on his present too. Ooooh, you are thinking of going to two of my very favorite restaurants...Cheesecake Factory and Texas Roadhouse. And I just LOVE Casting Crowns. Which cd did you get?

You deserve a wonderful birthday and to be showered with such terrific presents. You are THE man!!!!

Good grief...I think I just wrote an epistle!

Jen said...

He got the 1st casting crowns cd - my favorite! We had both of them a long time ago, but all our cd's got stolen out of our car last year. We ended up going to a new Mexican restaurant called Antigua Real. It was really good. I love Texas Roadhouse's chicken crisper salad - have you tried it? Incredible! He seemed to have a fabulous b'day - just sad to see all the excitement come to an end :). Another side note - do you know the song collide? I keep hearing it everywhere, so we finally bought the cd (howie day). It's very catchy.

Unknown said...

Happy bday, Steve-o! We missed sending his card too. So sorry! Seems like he had a good birthday despite my forgetfulness. :)

You guys are SO FORTUNATE to have famiy nearby to babysit! I feel like I say that all the time, but you really are blessed. My mom is coming next week Thursday and I'm already pumped about a possible date night.

Monica said...

No I have never heard of that one...well, maybe I have heard it but it doesn't ring a bell without hearing it. Do you hear on the The Fish?? I like the Brian Luttrell new one "Welcome Home" I am glad he is using his awesome voice for the Lord!

Troy & Sherry said...

hey - i didn't say 30 was ancient - i just am now more mature and wise...right??!?!??
hope you had a wonderful time togehter and jen when by chance do you hit the small - minor - not significant age of 30?
love ya

Jen said...

I love the phrasing of the milestone once you've reached it :). Next June 12.