Thursday, November 06, 2008


Well we had to give up our cat "Prince Fielder" this last week. I found out after we got him last year for Sierra's birthday that I was allergic to him. It is odd since I grew up with cats and had no problem with them then. We really miss having him around here. We gave him to my parents. He is starting to come out from hiding under the bed all the time. They have a dog so he is trying to get used to that. Prince pretty much stays upstairs and the dog downstairs. Yesterday, we went over to my parents for supper and spent time with him. It made me miss him all the more. It was nice having him here during the day with me. I guess you don't realize how much you adore your pet until it's gone. I'm just thankful he is somewhere where we can still see him.

2 comments:

Monica said...

awwwwwww......I am so sorry you had to give up your kitty. That is never easy or fun. You are right though, the flip side is that you can still see him :)

Esther said...

Lonely with out the cat - I can understand! So sorry! And the other positive is that you can have your feline-allergy friends over now!!