Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wow am I getting nervous about a job interview this Thursday. I went on Craigslist today and applied by email for a job thinking it would take a while to get into motion. Oh no, the guy emailed me this afternoon and asked me to call him tonight. I did and I go in on Thursday morning to meet with the lady who I would be working with if I get the job. The cool thing is I prayed right before I started looking for jobs today and asked the Lord to guide me. I have never been contacted back for jobs I have applied for in recent times, so it has been kind of safe for me thinking that I am making my husband happy by trying but me happy by not actually getting any. The job is for a part time gift shop worker at a local hotel in the mornings. I would be done before Steve needed to go to work, so the job would still be feasible during the summer. I'm just kind of weirded out about the whole idea of working again. It is only 2 1/2 hours a day - not very long and yet I will get into a routine. The guy said it is pretty intense in the morning, but another lady will be working with me. It is an upscale hotel with a lot of business travelers who are in a hurry to get to meetings in the morning - needing gifts, coffee, etc. I think I would like to be busy enough to make the time fly ; I'm just worried about the irritability of the customers affecting me. Anyways, got to go. We'll have to wait and see!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect way to ease back into the working world! Let us know how the interview goes.

Monica said...

You can do it, you can do it!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes :) I will be praying for you

Mary Ann said...

It sounds like a great opportunity & the hours seem perfect for your schedule! I'll pray that it works out according to the Lord's will. I work in a retail pharmacy part time & I have to say that most of the time customers are really great. I'll bet you come to enjoy interacting with them if you get the job. Let us know how it goes!

Esther said...

This might be it!! Sounds great - but you'll know more after the interview. My guess is it's going to be quick paced business people who don't really care about the customer service as long as it's not a bad encounter. The goal would be to not make it memorable! :) And I'm sure it's hard to find someone who wants to work those hours - but it's perfect for you, and you'll be great!

Troy & Sherry said...

you might love it :)
being around adults and meeting people from around the world - it could be an adventure....
can't wait to hear!

Unknown said...

Ohh Jenny, it sounds perfect to me! I will pray everything goes smoothly so you don't have reason to worry at all.

Jen said...

Well I decided to not take the job due to a couple of factors. It was only $7 an hour for one. Second the lady said she was a perfectionist and if you can't handle it than don't take the job - she fired 3 people this month! third, it was a taxi service, coffee bar and gift shop. It really was mayhem in there when I interviewed: people calling non stop and people coming in for the taxi, others for coffee - cappuccinos and lattes in a space the size of a glorified bathroom. I shall keep looking.

Monica said...

Eeek!!!! I would not have wanted to work for her either. I have been trying to call you for days. I don't know what keeps happening. I get on the road (that is the only time I can actually hold a conversation), then someone calls me or I am mesmerized by the road or something! I must call you this week :)

Liesl said...

praying for ya!