Friday, June 16, 2006


I was so excited when Steve said he'd take me down to Chicago for my birthday. Steve's mom even offered to take Sierra overnight - thank you! We got there in good time, but ended up driving around downtown for 1 1/2 hours just to find the restaurant we were going to go to. We ended up paying for parking and then realized we were on S La Salle when we needed to be on N La Salle - good times! We took a taxi there instead :). We went to Fugo De Chao which is a Brazilian rest. like Steve went to in Brazil. They have men dressed like Brazilian cowboys (I think some of them were Brazilian) come around with skewers off all types of meat to your table. They carve it right there for you as much as you want. It was a very classy rest. with a hefty price tag even for lunch, but it was fun to see what Steve had been talking about when he went to Brazil. It was awesome steak with a salad bar and sides like polenta, potatoes and fried bananas (not my cup of tea). We were so full that we ended up walking to Watertower place. It was great to see Hard Rock Cafe & all the big shops along the way - love Crate n Barrel! We went from there by trolley to Navy Pier. It was not very busy surprisingly for a Friday, but it was cold. Everyone was in pants and coats. We were going to see the Broadway show Wicked, but it was sold out. It is the story of the witches on Wizard of Oz before the movie when they were friends, I think. I guess it must be the hit show right now in Chicago. Well we went from the pier in a taxi to our car. We left at rush hour - good times - and went to Ikea in Schaumburg. Steve bought me a cube bookcase with 16 cubes in it. I've been eying(sp?) it up :). Well we got home exhausted and thankful for a good nights sleep! Like our attempt at taking our own picture :)

4 comments:

Monica said...

What a jewel!!!!! I am so grateful that you have a husband that will do those special things with and for you. You deserve it :) It sounds like great fun even with the mishaps!

Now you know that you are supposed to be commenting on my blog too right? :) HINT HINT

Happy Birthday again, and I love you!

pamela s said...

Hi, Jen,
This is Pam (Lewis) Smith from NBBC. It's hard to believe that my freshman year was 8 years ago! You, Steve & Sierra look great. I'm so gald you started blogging! Christina (Tally) Hairgrove has a blog too. Her link (Ace's Place) is on my blog.
BTW, Happy Belated Birthday!

Jen said...

Hey Spamala! Great to hear from you! I ended up being spurred on to start a blog and started looking at the links on others' blogs. How fun we can all meet up again even though we all live so far apart.:)

Unknown said...

What a blast! My mom and gramma saw wicked a few months ago - they said it wasn't that great so I don't think you missed much. I also love watertower place. I never buy anything there but it's great fun to look and gape at the pricey shoes. :)