Monday, May 19, 2008



Notice the flower they painted on the big toe - so fun!

We had a fun mother's day weekend. I know a week late, but what the hay! Courtney and I went out to Qdoba for lunch on Friday and then to get manicures and pedicures - pd for by Scott - thank you. We were laughing and chatting it up - I think the rest of the place thought we must not get out much :). On Saturday we spent all day cooking and baking. We took lunch to Steve's mom - steaks, corn, salad, strawberry rhubarb pie. For supper, we made bbq chicken, baked beans, pumpkin and strawberry rhubarb pies, etc. for my mom. Wow did we sleep well that night! Also a coworker of Steve's - Heidi - came by and gave me bags of clothes for Sierra - what a blessing! She now has all the summer shorts she needs, a winter coat and dresses (her favorite). Then my hubby surprised me by taking me to Ikea on Sunday. We returned our whole bathroom redo items, but it was all good. With the economy the way it is - everything is costing a whole lot more! So we took back our new sink, cabinets, mirror, and light fixture. I guess we'll have to stick with the beloved 70's hanging globe lights with chains we have now.

8 comments:

Courtney Ann said...

I totally appericate you blogging just for me! ;) Thay was a great day! I'll help you redo your bath with little money, very little! Just paint...ok?

Unknown said...

Oooh, Qdoba and pedicures - sounds like a perfect mother's day outing to me! I like Qdoba so much better than Chipotle. A belated happy mother's day to you! Awesome on the hand-me-downs! What a blessing!

Monica said...

how fun! I am so jealous. I so wish I could have horded in on your girl time :)

Troy & Sherry said...

hey friend-
glad you were able to have a day away :) funny thing is troy and i were at ikea on sunday as well :)
we stopped back by there on our way home....craziness.
hope you have a superb week!
love -sherry

Jen said...

That's hilarious Sherry! I was going to call you to see if you were coming down, but Steve said to let you be b/c you'd probably be exhausted with the graduation weekend.

Troy & Sherry said...

next time jen :)
we were driving home so it wasn't any more traveling...it was so wonderful to see you guys - troy liked steve - i think they would get along great.
love ya!

Esther said...

Oh, you took the Ikea stuff back - I'm sorry. You were so pumped about that stuff. And I was excited to help with it. But your bathroom doesn't look horrible - you've done well with decorating it as is. Your toes look great too!! :)

Appachi Brand Rice said...

I always read your blog. It's good to see...